Mr. Startling Moniker just tagged me with a meme. I've never done one of these before. Apparently, a meme is like a self-replicating virus that uses a host (like me) to propagate itself throughout the blogosphere at an exponential rate. Like a virus, a meme comes with a set of instructions that presumably replicates with a high rate of precision:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Well, every once in a while, the genetic material of a virus will mutate, perhaps resulting in a new strain that terrorises millions. I don't see why this can't also happen with a meme. I will make some small changes to the meme and then everyone I tag can ignore or change one or more of the rules (including the new rule to ignore or change one or more of the rules).
Here are nine statements about me. One of them is false. If you want, you can guess which one it is.
1. I recently started learning to play the erhu (a type of Chinese fiddle).
2. I once owned a windshield repair business.
3. I have lived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Wisconsin and South Dakota. I currently reside in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
4. I dislike clowns, centipedes, and chicken salad sandwiches.
5. I used to have a job building barbed wire fences. One time, a tractor malfunctioned and pinned me against a fence.
6. One of my hobbies is boomerang throwing.
7. I have an unusual fascination with countries that begin with I, Iceland, Italy, India, and Indonesia.
8. I once held my breath for 2 minutes and twenty seconds.
9. I lied in statement number 8.
Now, I get to tag the following blogs: (I decided on six. If you want to be seven or eight just claim the honor in the comments section.)
Notes Become Thee